Tuesday 22 October 2013

My Hajj Diary - Day 4

Day 4 (11/10/2013)

9am - Alhamdulillah, arrived safely at 3 am in the morning at the apartments in Aziziyah.  It was a long journey...we set off from Madinah at 3 pm and then from Bir-Ali at almost 7 pm before reaching Mecca close to 2 am.  Drove around for about an hour before arriving at our destination.

So haven't really slept because by the time we settled down, it was time for fajr and we (Shahidah and I) decided to perform our umrah.  Alhamdulillah, we finished it well before 9 am and am now having a well deserved breakfast.  Sitting here at the food court, I miss my family.  Last year, they were here with me.

3 pm - Back at the apartment after Juma'ah.  It was difficult to find a taxi but alhamdulillah, Shahidah managed to get one for us.  Rested a little but still tired.  Will rest for the rest of today and tomorrow as the focus should be on hajj.

Today, doing the umrah, I was in a daze.  It was probably the tiredness but the sight of the Ka'abah didn't move me as much as usual.  Also, didn't know what to pray for.  Mind was a blank.  But still alhamdulillah, my umrah is completed.

Ya Allah, let me be able to walk safely alone if no one else wishes to go with me.

2 comments:

Grace said...

Just curious where the picture in your banner was taken. It is lovely.

Sid said...

It is at Glen Coe, Scotland. :)