Tuesday 29 October 2013

My Hajj Diary - Day 11 (end of entry)

Day 11 (18/10/2013)

Waiting for Fajr.  Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah!  We have finally completed our hajj with a very smooth and beatuiful tawaf wada'.  Woken up at quarter past 12 am in the darkness by Maha.  Rini wanted to go to the Haram as soon as possible.  There were already others waiting there when we came down.

Alhamdulillah, we got a taxi almost immediately.  Got there and did the tawaf on the first floor.  Even though it was larger but we did it peacefully and tranquilly and for the first time this hajj, I actually enjoyed the tawaf.  The view of the Kaabah was still impeded but without pushing and shoving, we could really concentrate.  We then waited at Marwa for Rini while she finished her Sa'i.  Again, that went smoothly and we didn't lose each other.  We easily got a taxi back, alhamdulillah, thanks to Maha's Arabic.  So all in all, we had a smooth farewell tawaf without adventure.  A good note to end on, alhamdulillah.

Having finished all the rights of Hajj, I am just waiting till tonight to start on the leg back to London.  There is a sense of sadness and joy that my hajj journey is finally over.

The anticipation of the hajj experience building in the months before were nothing like the rush of the actual experience itself.  I will need to analyse deeper its impact on me but have I learnt anything about myself in this journey that I didn't know before?

Also I realise I have never been more grateful for my ability to read a map and visualise it in reality in order to navigate.  Alhamdulillah, now I realise what a gift it is.  Alhamdulillah, this gift has been useful in navigating my way back to Mina twice and in and around the Haram as well as in Madinah.  Ya Allah, let me always be grateful for this gift and let me use it wisely.

A weakness that was an asset for hajj is my inability to do small talks.  This allows me to block most of the chatters and concentrate on what matters.  The few discussions were on interesting matters or important matters.  What it didn't help for me is the making of friends.  But since I am not here on this journey to make friends, that is fine.  Still, alhamdulillah, to get to know a few of the sisters is a blessing.  Insha Allah, will try to stay in touch with them.


No comments: