Tuesday 29 October 2013

My Hajj Diary - Day 10

Day 10 (17/10/2013)

2 am - Ya Allah, please help us in this test you have given us.  I am not sure why You moved me to do the jamrat before the rest, but it made me come back in time for the return of the sister from the hospital.

11 am - We are now in the apartment again in the Aziziyah.  The challenge now is to arrange for the Tawaf Wada'.  I am disappointed that Elsawy has not arranged for the tawaf for us.  Today is, I realise, the last day of Eid.  As I said, it has been an eventful journey but the actual impact will have to be assessed later when things have sunk in.

The fact that I am not well also does not help.  The tent in Mina didn't help...it is a germ breeding ground.  I wish I had some of the ginger Sis Yusria brought.

Was talking to Mehmoona just now and she had the same disconnection to the Haram that I have been feeling.  The construction around the Kaabah is like a monstrosity.  You can't see the Kaabah anymore from the mosque.  Last year, we had an unimpeded view of the Kaabah and there was that connection, a sense of peace, yet still energetic/magnetic pull.  Now, there is nothing.  And the mostrosity of a building they are building as an extension to the mosque.  And more hotels and shopping centres are opening new the Haram.  All blitz and glitter but no substance.  Are they trying to get the people coming to Hajj and Umrah to divert their focus to shopping rather than worship?  We seem to have gone back to the Jahiliyah days when the Quraish of Mecca were using the Kaabah for commercial and status purposes. 

No comments: