Saturday 18 October 2008

Holyrood Park & the royal mile

Last Sunday was overcast and cold but it was still too beautiful a day to spend indoors. (Unlike this week where it's raining.) So, since I went up to Salisbury Craig below in Holyrood Park the past weekend for a read, I thought I'd go and do a little climbing and photography.




Picture taken from in front of the Scottish Parliement of the Salisbury Craig. The view from the Craig is lovely.

Then, there's the famous Arthur's Seat. Here's the route going up to the highest part of Holyrood Park.



Like most of Scotland, Holyrood has its ruins, from the various time periods - this one was an abbey, I think.



The view of Arthur's seat from the ruinned abbey.



As you go further up the hills, you can definitely see the city skyline and the sea beyond as seen above and below.




I took my tripod along and so managed to take a picture of myself (Arthur's seat is behind me) on this trip.

And on the way back, I took a stroll along the Royal Mile (the road linking Holyrood Palace and Edinburgh Castle) because I wanted to buy a rug for my room. Below are some of the snapshots I took of the Royal Mile.







No comments: