Thursday 2 October 2008

Crazy Edinburgh Weather

I love Edinburgh, really I do. It has a charm of its own, quite like Boston/Cambridge. A big city, yet, it has its own personality. But one thing I am not crazy about is the weather. Someone mentioned today that it's been said that you can get the four seasons all in one day, here. I totally agree. Just take today...When my classmates and I set out for Uni of Edinburgh this morning, it was sunny (a perfect summer's day). Then it started to rain (while the sun is shining) in the afternoon. Autumn's weather, perhaps? Now, it's night and it is about 5 or 6 degree out there, plus the rain and the wind...if it were Sydney, this would be considered winter. No wonder, several of us are falling ill, including yours truly.

I've been eating my cold medicine plus the home remedy of honey for the cough. Not appetite today so I'll put off the carrot-ginger soup to tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get better by the weekend and the weather will cooperate. Looking forward to meeting Jenni finally this Saturday.

No comments: