Tuesday 1 April 2008

Visit to Chek Jawa

Went to Chek Jawa with my youngest brother and Uncle Allan's family on Sunday. Saw quite interesting things. Here are some. I will also upload the slideshow that my brother is working on later.


Fiddler crab


Spotted this crab...but I couldn't zoom any further.


The last coastal forest in Singapore.



Beautiful butterfly, but my camera didn't manage to capture its blue highlights.

Cotton Stainer Bugs

When I saw this scene, I felt as if I've seen it before...it looked like the scene out of one of my fantasy books.


the "hanging stick" is actually a baby mangrove plant clinging to its "mother".




Alex spotted these buds...interesting star shaped buds.



Uncle Allan and his son, Alex.
Trying to peel the attap chee.
the male flowers of the attap chee
May, Alex's wife, also tried her hands on peeling

No comments: