Tuesday 29 April 2008

Complaining

I know that Singaporeans have very bad reputation of wanting excellent service when they go abroad. Part of the reason being that we try our best to give excellent service here in Singapore. However, not all Singaporeans give that kind of service.

Last night, I came back from work and decided to stop for a carwash. While the car is being washed, I stopped by this 7-11 store to get something for dinner as I didn't really have a proper dinner earlier. Wanted to get the mash potato but I couldn't find the container. So I approached the counter.

The lady behind the counter was serving another customer, so I waited. After he finished, she didn't even look at me, instead started to count the money in the cash register. After I prompted a few times, she then asked me what I wanted. Yet when I asked her for the container to the mash potato, she told me that it is all there at the mash potato machine. So I went back and searched. I went back again since I couldn't find it. This time, she told me that there's no more then since I can't find it. I can't believe that she couldn't be bothered to restock the containers...here is a customer willing to spend money and she just didn't want to make any effort to secure the easy money.

I was really cheezed off and walked out of the store without buying a single thing. If only she had shown a bit more effort by perhaps checking for extra containers, I would have gotten, not only the mash potato, but also other stuff for my dinner.

No comments: