Thursday 15 January 2009

Natascha's visit


(From Left: Me, Natascha, Jenni, and John)


The New Year's week was fun because Natascha visited (and I managed to get back my wallet). We went over to Jenni's in Dundee for 29-30th where we caught up with her and John (and Gemma). Pouring over L&C fanfic, watching L&C (and a bonus: Superman movie), we really had a blast.


We went for a girl's night out at an Indian restaurant where we ordered different dishes that all look alike. It was lovely though.

(A girl's night out)

(Natascha in her kilt-skirt)
We then came back to Edinburgh for Hogmanay where we attended the candlelit concert in St. Giles Cathedral (Kirk). It reminded me a bit of the last concert that we attended at the MIT convention hall...a Christmas concert in which Anita was organizing.
After that, we went to the street party with several of my friends. First New Year's street party I've attended...we had fun and danced to the Scottish jigs. The fireworks were breathtaking and the laser display was spectacular.
Ah...I definitely enjoyed Natascha's visit. Now, it's back to work for me. :) Hope this year will be a better year than the last...even if we're starting this year on a recession and a man-made disaster in Palestine.


No comments: