Thursday 29 January 2009

Happy Chinese New Year

Wishing all my Chinese friends a happy and prosperous New Year ahead. May the economy gets better sooner rather than later.

This year, I celebrated the Chinese New Year with a "reunion" dinner made up of some of my classmates and some other friends, including Wilbur (the other Singaporean I know of in Heriot Watt). It was definitely a "reunion" in the sense that most of my friends and classmates went home for the Christmas break and this was the first time we could gather together again after so many weeks of not seeing each other.

However, I truly missed my family and the Chinese New Year goodies...luckily, Wilbur "smuggled" me some pineapple tarts and my mom is sending those plus Lapis cake and her fruit cake to me soon. :) I also managed to talk to my parents, brother, and Auntie Helen as well as Uncle Allan and his wife this week. So I'm quite satisfied overall, in the midst of drowning in work/tutorials. Yet, the sense of sadness lingers.. I can't seem to rid myself of it nor speak about it.

No comments: