Saturday 27 December 2008

Happy New Year

Back from London where I spent Christmas and Boxing Day. It's been a hellish day starting from last night (Boxing Day) where my friend, Nicole, and I found out that the railway from London to the airport was closed and if we had take the diverted route, we wouldn't have made it onto our plane. We then spent GBP 120 for a taxi to take us to the airport....OUCH!!! Okay, the plane ride was fine but when we came back to Edinburgh, guess what!? The bus wasn't working and we had to spend another GBP 17 for taxi (See how cheaper Edinburgh is?). Anyway, all right. This afternoon, I went to the store to buy grocery since Natascha's coming and my cupboard is bare. After shopping, I had to post the postcard for Umar and his siblings. Again, lady luck struck...I got back home and found I lost my wallet - credit card, debit card, student cards plus cash! Yeah, not enough that I had to fork out so much money the night before, now I can't get cash out for my trip to Dundee.

I'm really hoping the next few days till New Year will be better. Wishing all a Happy New Year...will update with pictures of Christmas in London when I'm more in the mood for it.

1 comment:

Zayn said...

So u ok? Managed to get the wallet back?