Wednesday 10 December 2008

Finally done with two assignments

Okay, I finally finished my Financial Risk Management assignment after working on it for so long - it was fun though as we were working on real data and were analyzing the current crisis in terms of risk management. We looked at a 5 day period in October when there were more than 5% gains and losses on the FTSE 100. Also tried to predict the VaR and Expected shortfall for some days in November. The assignment helped give me a better picture of how the theory works in practice.

Also, finished one of my special topics assignment. Left Energy Markets and studying for Financial Markets exams...I guess I must be getting old because I don't really feel the kind of panic I used to get when exams are near. Either that, or I'm just exhausted with all these assignments. Anyway, will be glad that it will all be over soon.

No comments: