Sunday 3 August 2008

Tired but happy!

Even after a day, I still feel very tired from my brother's wedding...tired but happy. Everything went well...by no means perfect, but it definitely exceeds expectations. The nikah was on time at 5.30 pm with my friend, Ustaz Abdul Manaf, solemnizing. Then, at 6.30, cocktail started. Unfortunately, guests were late and we had to start the dinner at 8.30 pm instead of the scheduled 8 pm. But that afforded the chance to catch up with those guests arriving early. This is especially precious as most of the guests are family and close relatives. After that, everything went quite smoothly and the occassion finished about 11 pm with some of the closest relatives lingering to chat.

Food was great and music, as provided by my friend Elson and his band, was superb. The Hilton staff is definitely the friendliest and most efficient that I've ever encountered. Don't know about the guests but I definitely had a blast.

Still, there were the drama...my parents were to go home with my uncle and aunt who came down from Malacca. Unfortunately, the house key was with me and I was staying at the hotel for the night. So, they had to turn back to fetch the key....ah well, that couldn't rival my sister's wedding drama of the house being flooded. :D

Well, will write more soon...in the mean time, have to apologise to my friends who weren't invited. I really wished I could invite but there weren't enough tables.

Peace

No comments: