Thursday 30 October 2014

Gratitude on being alone

Tonight, chatting with a friend brought me to a realisation of the immensity of my buying a house here, far away from my family.  

Truly, it is therefore only my feeling that this is the best place for me and in developing my relationship with God that I am not in panic mode.  To fully realise that if anything happens, I have no one to turn to other than Him because all my support system a.k.a. my family are back in Singapore.  A friend once reminded me that even if I were to be in Singapore, I might not be able to rely on my family.  But still there is that illusion and state of presumption that your family will always be there.  Being alone on the other hand makes clear that I have no one and is dependent on His mercy.  Thus I am grateful for the people He has sent my way thus far.

More than that, I am grateful for this chance to develop my relationship with Him further.  Blessings are also the means by which He tests us.  The blessing of owning my own place, I realise is a test for me. May I always be amongst those who are always grateful and draw ever closer to Him.

Ameen


No comments: