Thursday 17 May 2012

Safe Journey, my teacher.

As with the title of my blog, life is a journey and the people we meet along the way enrich it in ways unimaginable.

These last few years, staying in Edinburgh, I have been blessed to meet a great many people, some whom I am honoured to call friends and others who are more like family.  One person I have been blessed to be in the company of is my Arabic teacher, Rajja.  I remember first meeting her in the Edinburgh Central Mosque during the last ten days of Ramadhan.  Her generosity in sharing her tea and food for sahur and iftar was the first quality I noticed about her and which attracted me to her.  

As the Edinburgh muslim community is small, much less those who frequent the Central mosque, we've met several more times since then.  But I got close and is indebted to her when Sharon Grey and I were trying to find an Arabic teacher.  Again her generosity came forth when she volunteered to teach us.  It has been several months now and we have learnt so much from her.

Therefore, with this blog, I would like to thank her for her generosity and her patience in teaching us all these months and to wish her a safe journey home to Libya.  May Allah grant her reward in this life and the hereafter for her efforts.  Ameen.

No comments: