Saturday 31 March 2012

Seerah of the Prophet s.a.w. - Introduction and Motivation.

In the name Allah, the Most Gracious, the Dispenser of Grace.

I have been thinking about this for a while. As the Prophet s.a.w. encouraged his companions to teach and pass down their knowledge, so too I hope to pass some of the knowledge I have gathered on to others. Therefore, I have made the decision to write a series of blogs on the biography of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w. and what we can learn from it.

It will not be in a chronological order but topical. This choice was inspired by Celebrate Mercy, an organisation that has brought together some of the well-known scholars and da'ii of Islam to share some of their knowledge and insights to the Prophet s.a.w.

I am no scholar and therefore use the following books as my basis:
1. Martin Lings, "Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources"
2. M A Salahi, "Muhammad, Man and Prophet: A Complete Study of the Life of the Prophet of Islam"
3. Ibn Kathir, "Stories of the Prophets"

and several others along the way which I will indicate.

May Allah guide me in this project. Ameen.

No comments: