Monday 15 March 2010

To my dearest grandmother,

You're meeting Allah today after being with us for so long...a gift from Him to those who know you. I wish I was there with you, but Mak Ngah said that you died peacefully in your sleep. I guess to a certain extend I would rather remember you as the grandmother of my youth.

I never got to tell you how I appreciate the love you gave us, even though we weren't of your blood. I remember the times when you would help Mom look after my siblings when they were born, and I'm sure you did the same for me. You were there for us during our growing up years and when we had to go through the painful time of losing Mom. You looked on with pride when I graduated and gave sound advice whenever I visited you.

I know you missed Mom so much that it triggered the early onset of alzheimers for you. But for all that, I know somewhere in you, you still remembered her and us. So, on this day, I thank God for you and ask Him to extend his Mercy, Love, Forgiveness to you.

Your eldest grandchild.

No comments: