Monday 20 April 2009

God's grace

"Seest thou not that God sends down rain from the sky, and leads it through springs in the earth? Then He causes to grow, therewith, produce of various colours: then it withers; thou wilt see it grow yellow; then He makes it dry up and crumble away. Truly, in this, is a Message of remembrance to Men of understanding." 39:21


These last few weeks, I have been quite focused on the exams that I had no inspiration to write about something so dear to me - the beauty of God's creation. I thank God for allowing me to be in Scotland, and more than that, being in the "farming" area.

Within Heriot Watt campus, I can see for myself the seasons' effects on nature. As I walked today, I noticed this duck with her ten little ducklings swimming along in a little pond behind the library. I also noticed the three swanlings are gone and it seems that the female swan is sitting on a new brood. The bare trees have started to grow green again and some are blooming. Wild garlic and daffodils are abound. Life is returning from the dead of winter.

This is something not experienced by those living in the tropics where there is no seasonal effect, especially those living in the city. While I experienced it to a lesser degree before, I think being out of the city drives the lesson home as the contrast is more stark. It drives home what God said in the Qur'an regarding the renewal of life and how it is a message for us...

No comments: